Beach Policies & Permits
Outer Banks Beach Information
It’s a popular question for us from our couples on where is the best location where I can have my wedding? Look no further! This site here will give you all your info to find your perfect location to get married on the Outer Banks! CLICK HERE!
- Where is my closest access for my wedding ceremony?
- Do I need a bath house with changing facilities?
- Do we have wheelchair access and handicapped parking on site?
- Are you looking for a ceremony location on the sound side?
Well, search no further. Here, both ocean and sound lovers can answer all of their Outer Banks beach access questions from Corolla to Hatteras. This brings you the information on every beach and sound-side access, along with photos and info on beach safety, tides, weather, water conditions and more! Find a spot on the water that’s just right for you on your wedding day on the Outer Banks!
Beach Policies and Permits
There are many wonderful locations to hold your Outer Banks Wedding Ceremony. By far, the most popular is to utilize our vast, beautiful beaches. Some of our OBX beaches do require a permit in order to have your OBX wedding ceremony on the beach… while others do not. You will see these particular areas spelled out below for you along with a map of our Outer Banks beaches if you are not familiar with the area. Hope it helps!
- The Town of Duck has a wedding registration policy. For information on the policy and the registration form to complete, click here.
- If you are planning on a beach ceremony in Nags Head or any of the beaches north of Nags Head, you are not required to obtain any sort of permit.
- If you are planning on a beach ceremony south of Nags Head, a permit is required from the National Park Service to have your “Small Simple Wedding” on the beaches south of Nags Head for a cost of $100. If you are wanting our services to provide you with a Full Ceremony Design (Officiant, Arch, Chairs, Accessories) on the shore of the National Seashore, the cost is a fee of $200. Both permits can be obtained at this link:National Seashore Permit If you have any questions, we are here to help you:)
Township Contact Information
Listed here are the Townships along with their phone numbers if you would like to call and talk with someone.
- Dare County 252.475.5000
- Town of Duck 252.255.1234
- Southern Shores 252.261.2394
- Kitty Hawk 252.261.3552
- Kill Devil Hills 252.449.5300
- Nags Head 252.441.5508
- Manteo 252.473.2133
- Currituck County 252.232.2010
- National Park Service 252.473.2111